Commitment to Education
More than $38 Billion and Counting!
The Florida Lottery has transferred more than $1 billion a year for 18 consecutive years to support education in our state; more than $38 billion in total since start-up. Learn more about the Lottery’s commitment to education.
Mega Millions ®
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
Friday, January 22, 2021
4 – 26 – 42 – 50 – 60 – 24 – x2
Jackpot Winner(s) in: MI
|5-of-5 + MB||0||$1 Billion||–||–|
|4-of-5 + MB||15||$10,000.00||3||$20,000.00|
|3-of-5 + MB||700||$200.00||169||$400.00|
|2-of-5 + MB||15,023||$10.00||3,699||$20.00|
|1-of-5 + MB||119,345||$4.00||28,522||$8.00|
|0-of-5 + MB||290,657||$2.00||69,848||$4.00|
**The jackpot prize will be shared among jackpot winners in all MEGA MILLIONS states. All non-jackpot prizes are set payouts. If funds are insufficient to pay set prizes, non-jackpot prizes may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and could be lower than the amount shown.
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the enclosed information is accurate; however, in the event of an error, the winning numbers and prize amounts in the official records of the Florida Lottery shall be controlling.
For more information about MEGA MILLIONS, please visit the national MEGA MILLIONS website.
© 2021 Florida Lottery, All Rights Reserved.
Must be 18 or older to play.
Mega Millions results for 01/05/21; did anyone win the $447M jackpot?
(Courtesy Michigan Lottery)
LANSING, MI – The Mega Millions jackpot is closing in on half of $1 billion as there was no winner of the $447 million jackpot for the drawing held on Tuesday, Jan. 5.
That means the drawing on Friday, Jan. 8 will be worth $490 million with a cash option of $372.3 million.
The Mega Millions numbers for Jan. 5: 20-43-51-55-57
The Gold Mega Ball: 4
The Megaplier: 2
Mega Millions winners for Jan. 5:
· While there was no grand prize winner, five tickets sold matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in California, Minnesota, New Jersey and New York.
· The player in New York also played the Megaplier option, which increased their winnings to $2 million.
· In Michigan, one ticket sold won $10,000 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 854,782 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 31,972 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 70; the Mega ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 25. The odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Powerball drawing is Wednesday, Jan. 6 with an estimated jackpot of $410 million and a cash option of $316.4 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Wednesday, Jan. 6 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.15 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Wednesday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $273,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last player from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot was Cristy Davis of Waterford who won $70 million playing Powerball in February. With her winnings, Davis said she planned to buy a new house and car.
And while she was a lucky winner, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Hartland in 2019 went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the Speedway in Hartland, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.Mega Millions results for 01/05/21; did anyone win the $447M jackpot? (Courtesy Michigan Lottery) LANSING, MI – The Mega Millions jackpot is closing in on half of $1 billion as there was no ]]>